[DEMO] - Tropical Kiss (トロピカルKISS)

Sunday 6 September 2009 at 22:37

Okay, so today I played through the Web Demo of Tropical Kiss. In my last post, I said I would be choosing one game out of the many on the September calendar. So why Tropical Kiss? Well, I came to the conclusion that I probably won't play both Tropical Kiss and Natsuiro Penguin because of their obvious similarities.

Tropical Kiss has a demo, Natsuiro Penguin didn't. It's as simple as that. Click 'Read More' to read what I thought about the demo and some screenshots I took of the game.



First impressions of the game were not bad, I liked the BGM although it doesn't loop; it just repeats itself, which I think can get a bit tiresome after a while. Overall, the story isn't that complex, in order to be a 'BIG Man' you're working in a holiday resort with girls you already know and they all want you.


Firstly we get a short lecture from Tenさん. I know it said he liked eroge and galge on the official site, but I didn't realise how forward he would be about it.

Let's just say Ten-san is VERY passionate about eroge (and breaking the forth wall). He also makes many masturbation jokes too. 「我武者羅に抜け!」wwww

He's a very...passionate man. As you can see. At this part he's actually asking you if you are ready, is the door locked? The screen hidden? The tissues ready? and so on. Yeah, he's one of those characters.


Hinata appears and says she likes you and asks if you're seeing anyone. She's actually very cute. I wonder if she will sway my decision on my favorite character.



Rikka is here too, and she thought you were going out with her. I sense trouble on the horizon...



Izumi wants you too...I think this is one of those 'Which girl will you choose?' moments.




Our fourth lovely - The cute and timid Aoi Matsuri. I should be a dating TV Show host.




Thinking of taking the older choice? Nagi can help you out!




みんなさん!Everyone is here and demanding a piece of Kaito. Shame it's all a dream...




LOL! She may be your innocent childhood friend, but she's REALLY protective over your imouto. Don't mess with a look like that.




Punyu~



ひどいな orz



Kaito has a habit of comically scoping out girls breasts, while Nagi nearly goes off the charts, Katakage-san's are simply overwhelming, as indicated by the snorting/choking noise made by Kaito.




Well, the situation was inevitable. It was going to happen at some point.




Clean thoughts only please.




Hey this room looks familiar. But why did you put my printer up there?



In the end I got the bad route! Well, the one where nothing happens anyway. Bah! Put away those tissues and wait for Angel Navigate or something else instead!

The game is fine, and when I mean it's fine; it's just OK. The art is cute, really colourful; in fact, you may get sick of seeing bright neon colours everywhere but it IS a summer game and it IS a beach resort.

It plays fairly averagely, okay so I only tried the demo, but I didn't see any kind of dramatic twist on it's way. You choose a girl, work hard at getting her, see a number of H-CGs and feel proud of yourself. This is no drama or touching story, just go for what you like the look of and put up with the bumps, bashes, punches and all kinds of chaos that hits you (And it really does hit you alot in Tropical Kiss).

Some parts are comical, the characters are relatively forgettable but it's not difficult to build up a temporary rapport for the duration of the game. And Krit, you were right, the shark does indeed talk and YES it is a male and YES you are not the only one freaked out by it. The real question is 'Would you trust your Imouto with him?' I know I wouldn't.

Overall, it's not a bad game, but it's not showstopping either. It won't be a painful experience to play it, but you may feel it's a waste of your time. What does this mean for Twinkle though? Well, I think if they tone down the colours a notch and put some more effort with the scenario, they're talented enough to make a brilliant game of it.

So is it this or Natsuiro Penguin? Well, suprisingly I will say "Neither". I think I've had my fill of bright, summer-coloured romance and my sights are firmly set upon Dakko and maybe Angel Navigate! What's everyone else looking forward to?

1 Responses to [DEMO] - Tropical Kiss (トロピカルKISS)

  1. Anonymous Says:

    is there a way to get this game in english??? also i have been looking for rikka fairly big (1000x1000 at least) but regular images not the sexual ones......

    if you can help me out msg me at megamanzero2099@hotmail.com

    thanks

Post a Comment