Updates: Where Finding the Blue Might be Headed

Saturday 5 September 2009 at 02:24
---
Okay, in my opinion when I see a title like this it usually implies something bad; a change that nobody really likes and so on. So I'll do my best to make sure it isn't one of those changes.

Firstly, Finding the Blue isn't gonna change that much. I like the concept that I've settled upon and I just want to keep building on it instead of making vast changes. So I'll go over a few things that will influence the direction of Finding the Blue and where it's going in the future.



First things first! If you haven't done so already (Which you probably haven't) please complete the survey by following the red link on the right! It really helps us, takes a couple of minutes (if that) to complete and there's no registration or anything. Oh and every single response is taken into account.

So what's going to change? Well, if I refer back to the survey, there was a question that said 'What would you like to see more of in Finding the Blue'. And basically, I'm just going to try posting about all of them; see what's successful and what isn't, and go from there. Here's what to expect.

  • Eroge demos being played and previewed properly.
Because basically, almost every choice I make of what game to get is based on art, CGs, OP movie and synopsis, it can end up with some dissapointing results every now and again. So by playing the demos through instead of buying blindly, we can get a good idea of what's good and what isn't so that no time/money is wasted.

I'll only play and preview demos of the current months game lineup. That way I won't get flooded with demos to play, but every game should get covered all the same.

  • More posts about goods and merchandise.
I twitter (I tweet?) regularly about the latest merch announced/released but I rarely go in detail and it's usually restricted to figures or eroge related merch. This time I'm going to try and make a proper post about merchandise and what's announced/released with pictures and so on. I missed a whole load of Angel Magister goods because I simply wasn't paying enough attention orz

  • Event coverage
Last Comiket post was 2 weeks late I think, which is unacceptable really. I'm putting together a calendar of events so that I can make coverage posts on them even if I don't attend and just generally provide some information and images.

  • Other Games
There are probably loads of blogs and loads of websites who of course cover this much better than I ever could, but I still love to play RPGs and other non-エロゲ games, so once in a while I might make a few posts about this.

  • Technology
I've wanted to make some technology posts for a long time now, but I've always been unsure as to what level I should make the posts. I think hardware components and so on is probably a bit too in-depth for the blog. But also I don't want to make posts like "Hey it's a USB stick, but it's also a fan, isn't it great?!" The release of Windows 7 will probably make the news here, but I'm still thinking about this section really. Of course, I am open to ideas.

  • Anime
I really don't want to be YAAB (Yet Another Anime Blog) so I've avoided individual episode reviews and so on, not to mention I do watch a lot of anime so it would be difficult to keep up and would flood the blog. Next season I will do some 'light coverage' on some of the new series because I don't think summer has been all that great. Speaking of anime, look who made an appearance on Yoku Wakaru Gendai Mahou a few episodes ago!:

Kyouran Kazoku Nikki and Gendai Mahou were made by the same studio (Nomad) so it's only natural we'd see our favorite jellyfish at somepoint :P

Anyway...

  • Others
Manga is kind of tough to do because of scanning pages is not possible for me, plus I wouldn't want to anyway (breaks the spine). But if I find scans other people have done I will post them. Koe De Oshigoto! is particularly relevant because it features a girl working as an eroge seiyuu.

Figures comes under goods, as does cosplay I suppose. Although I don't really keep my eye open on the cosplay scene much.

Music is one I'm willing to do (of course). In fact, starting tomorrow, as well as an eroge demo, I'll review IOSYS's latest CD (anime house project) and also do other genres and character CDs too.

Akihabara related kind of fits in with events, and with the Akiba Game Fair soon, I can consider that covered.

I think that just about finishes it for today. Chief of artさん has been busy/bored and is toying around with a Finding the Blue mascot character with her own 4coma. Should be interesting, maybe he needs more work :P

As always, any feedback, comments and everything else about the blog or anything really. Contact me in whatever way you want; email, comments, survey, smoke signals and so on.

0 Comments (日本語と英語の意見は大歓迎です)

Post a Comment