August - Eroge Release Calendar: Preview of this month's Bishoujo Games

Saturday 1 August 2009 at 20:37
---

Okay, so this isn't much of a calendar seeing as most of the release dates seem to fall on the same day (28th is going to be a VERY hectic day in shops like ゲーマース and on the internet too for leaked games. Anyway, mark the day in your diary and look at some of the games on offer this year. I've thrown in a few 'different-from-the-norm' games in too, just incase you want to broaden your horizons a little.

Also, for good measure I've put the list in chronological order. Not that it matters much in this case.



&LOVE
Producer: Comet
Release Date: 28th August 2009



Synopsis: Protagonist Ryo lives an average school life with his average school friends, until one day he recieves a large box-shaped package from his father. Inside this box is an android girl named Miru (Mil), deciding to live with her, Ryo must teach her essential skills such as wearing underwear and so on. And from here a comedy life unfolds with Mil...


This seems to remind me a lot of Chobits with the whole 'Innocent but Naive Android' however be warned that when looking for preview CGs it was tough to get something that wasn't outwardly explicit. So if you're expecting a romantic tale like Chobits then forget it. Although it may suprise us. I'm kind of interested in this, I may buy it if I decide to.


マゾ×ラブ
(Mazo Love)
Producer: 10mile
Release Date: 28th August 2009

[Awaiting Release of Preview Movie]

Synopsis: Soji is a doujinshi artist who makes his living selling his works, however he is constantly searching for an average love of his own. One day, his love interest Yuzo is surrounded by a group of common thugs, in a brave attempt to save her he winds up in hospital. When he is released, he sadly walks out, wishing he could have saved the girl he loves. However, 3 women surround him outside the hospital. Yuzo thanks Soji for saving him, the second woman; a police officer congratulates him on defeating the thugs and a third woman; a nurse asks if he has a girlfriend.
What is this amazing situation happening to Soji? However nobody notices that a new evil side of Soji is about to be revealed.



I think this could have been interesting upon first glance, but upon closer inspection it just seems like it will probably veer into 'Hentai Game' territory, which I do not really like. I doubt I will bother with this one.


ネガゼロ
(Nega Zero/Negative Zero)
Producer: Eternal
DELAYED - 25th September



Synopsis: According to a girl from the future inside a computer, the world is constructed of a metaphysical composure: 'Recognition'. Each individual's 'Recognition' is linked together to a congregation of 'Recognition' and decides the individual situations of the world. To forcibly apply a 'recognition' to the world and therefore change situations by force is what we know as 'Magic'. Only those who can believe in magic can use magic, and as that number of girls increases, eventually the world will begin to contradict itself and eventually freeze. "That's why I don't want you to believe in dreams. Please be a debugger and save the world!"she says...

This isn't so much an eroge as a complex battle game. The system itself is explained on the website in video form, but I think it's slightly out of the scope of this post to go indepth.


Upon first glance of the story of this I was expecting a complex Sci-Fi scenario, but it seems like a typical harem tale too. The idea is nice, but I am somewhat confused as to where a plot like this could lead. The characters are cute, but I am not particularly interested in any of them.

あい☆きゃん (I can)
Producer: LiLiM
Release Date: 28th August 2009



Synopsis: Ryota is the average student. One day walking home he accidently bumps into a girl named Miyu and accidently kisses her in the process. Right then and there she turns into an idol. Then a mysterious creature named Kupu appears, she claims to be a limb of the devil and came to this world to turn Miyu into an idol. However, she didn't cast any magic, and it was infact Ryota's kiss that transformed Miyu. It turns out that Kupu's magic can be amplified by Ryota...


This is one of the games I am most interested in this month, I know, it must be something about idols... But either way this seems that this is another cute, yet highly sexual game. I think that the innocent storylines of summer have gone out of the window and we're entering a very エロ August. I will think about this, but I'm not completely taken by it.

さくらテイル (Sakura Tale)
Producer: Fizz
Release Date: 28th August 2009



Synopsis: Masumune has started his first day at school, and he is saved from being caught up in a recruiting battle between sports clubs by an attractive girl, despite being initially attracted to her, he also finds himself attracted by another girl who is entirely different. Dark and Light, Yin and Yan. He also meets an old friend at his dormitory, but she has changed completely too. New School, New Friends. A gentle school life starts at a school overlooked by a big cherry tree...


Personally, I not interested in the slightest in this. It looks like it is a high quality game, but I only like certain gentle school tales, and I don't think this is one of them. Of course pick it up if you are interested. But personally I will avoid it, it reminds me of something from Purple.


タイムリープぱらだいす

(Time Leap Paradise)
Producer: Frontwing
Release Date: 28th August 2009



Synopsis: Next year is the 100th Anniversary of Hamagase Shrine, and people are hoping for it to be rebuilt, however it is too expensive. Once the protagonist and his friends hear of this, they decide to hold a festival to raise money. The main event being a concert and dance show...
This is not a standard eroge, in fact it is more of a dance/synchronisation game with eroge elements with 3D cell-shaded characters.


This seems more like a cross between an eroge and DancexMixer than a visual novel, but nonetheless I am not really interested in 3D girls. Cell-shaded or not. But take a look at the CG images above! 1st pic has the girl wearing something looking like it has a pokeball (From Pokemon) embedded in it. The second image has a uniform that reminds me a lot of Fortune Arterial, and the final image is unmistakably an imitation of Little Busters!


僕らのカタチ、世界のカタチ
(Our shape, The World's Shape)
Producer: Nord
Release Date: 28th August 2009



Synopsis: On the final day of summer training camp at school, Kazuya stays up all night with Noa asleep with her head in his lap. When he looks to the sky, he notices two moons. From that moment his world and the other one is changed. What shape do they want the worlds to take?

The synopsis of this seems mysterious, but aside from that I can't spark any kind of interest in it. None of the characters really do anything for me. Still, it seems like it is of good quality.


真剣で私に恋しなさい!!
(I'm seriously in Love!!) (?)
Producer: Minato Soft
Release date: 28th August 2009

Synopsis: Yamato has a few good friends he has known since childhood; 3 girls and 4 boys. One day, 2 more friends join him, and their school life gets more lively. Because of her Lineage, one of the girls is good at martial arts. And a new love story unfolds in 2009...


I'm not REALLY excited about this, but it is interesting I think, and I like the artwork, I will try and pick this up if I can. I think the demo movie is supposed to be like...that..on purpose. But I won't pass judgement based on it and instead hope for the best. Maybe if they are so keen on animation they will do an anime adaption.


メモリア (Memoria)
Producer: Purple Software
Release Date: 28th August 2009



Synopsis: Asteria and Esteria are two different eworlds until one day they are connected, after the initial shock and confusion, people accept the fact and life proceeds forward. Months later, protagonist Kouichi meets a girl in town. From there, their story begins together.


I am not impressed with Purple Software at the best of times, so I am definitley not pleased when I have to paste the same pictures again and waste time because it the game was delayed. Simply I am not interested in this.


みみをすませば (Whisper of the Heart)
Producer: Syakunage
Release Date: 28th August 2009



Synopsis: Tetsu has moved to a remote island where his grandmother lives. Mobile phones are prohibited there and almost all of residents are engaged in agriculture or fishing. Upon his first day in class, he is shocked to find all the students have animal like ears. 'Ear time' is every few days, where all residents have animal-like ears on their head and can hear the thoughts of others. What will Tetsu make of this situation?


It just goes to show that their are still summer games around. I like the art and character design on this, but the concept is a little hard for me to get interested in. I may well pick this up if I feel inclined to.

そらいろ
(Sky Blue)
Producer: NekoNeko Soft
DELAYED - 18th September



Synopsis: After a long rainy season, a brilliant blue summer sky emerges. In a world where every student actually knows one another, who will be standing by your side?

No official images as of yet. Sorry!

Another summer game, this time from a relatively unknown brand. It doesn't look that impressive to be honest, but as a first try, it doesn't seem entirely terrible. After coming back after a 3 year hiatus (Thanks to tatose for this information) NekoNeko Soft may be a company to watch in the future.

Delays

Purple once again drop the ball with Signal Heart being delayed until September 25th.

Natsuiro Penguin has been DELAYED to September 18th. I'm really sad about this because I am dying to play it.

Others & Sequels

Cross Days had been delayed from June and will be released on August 31st I haven't played Summer Days yet, so I'm in no rush.

If you're looking for something with a little more action, you may like Unicorn-A's Isometric Strategy Game: 出撃!!乙女たちの戦場~闇を切り裂く、にび色の徹甲弾~


This concludes the August calendar. Of course there are more games, these simply make up the majority of lighter games and I have ignored the 'darker' games that are mainly エロ content from start to finish. Overall I think I feel I'm pushing myself a little to try anything here as nothing seems to grab interest, but I have a few games backlogged anyway that I need to complete and review. I'll let you know if I decide to pick any of these up at all.



4 Comments (日本語と英語の意見は大歓迎です)

  1. Krit Says:

    First image from Time Leap Paradise:
    I'm surprised you didn't catch Endou's outfit from Figu@Mate there...

  2. GekkaMeron Says:

    Now you mention it, I see what you mean. I thought there was less white on Endou's costume though.

    You're probably right though, seeing as none of the costumes are 100% spot on.

  3. tatose Says:

    Nekonekosoft is not a new company... it had been on hiatus for around 3 years until recent revival, prolly due to the support from its huge fanbase (and threat letters xD).

  4. GekkaMeron Says:

    Really? I did not know that, I will look into more Nekonekosoft titles. I'll edit the post, thanks.

Post a Comment