Final Fantasy XIII To be released on December 17th 2009 (ファイナルファンタジーシリーズ)

Friday 11 September 2009 at 01:04

Well, this is interesting isn't it? It isn't often I do posts about non-eroge games, but I've been trying many new things recently, and I love the Final Fantasy Series too. So I thought I would give a preview as an apology for not having the HimexHime Demo up on time (It has an omake I'm trying to unlock). Click 'Read More' to read the full post.





Final Fantasy XIII (ファイナルファンタジーⅩⅢ) marks the first game in the Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy XIII (ファブラ ノヴァ クリスタリス ファンタジーXIII) series of games (What a mouthful!). And isn't linked to the rest of the previous Final Fantasy series in any way, however we may well see easter eggs and so on.



I'm going to directly copy from Wikipedia EN here:


The plot focuses on the fal'Cie, beings created from the crystals residing inside them. The people marked by the fal'Cie for a greater purpose are named the l'Cie. But being a l'Cie has a price; for should they die before fulfilling their Focus, they will turn into monsters called "Cie Corpses". Some thirteen centuries ago, a fal'Cie constructed a paradise for humanity: The shell-like city of Cocoon floating high above the surface of the world now known as Pulse, both maintained by their own fal'Cie. Cocoon's fal'Cie created life forms and machines for its inhabitants to use, and humanity flourished. Over time, the people of Cocoon began to fear for the safety of their world, and were worried that it would be cast down from the sky into the hell that they see Pulse to be.

In present day, the wilderness of Pulse has strange effects on people, and the theocratic Cocoon Sanctum quarantines and exiles anyone who has been influenced by Pulse from the city with the help of its mighty army, PSICOM. However, as Snow leads Team Nora in a vain attempt to stop the purging, the mysterious Lightning fights her way past PSICOM soldiers to find Pulse's fal'Cie with the aid of Sazh. But by a chain of events, these three along with two of the Purgees, Vanille and Hope, are chosen by the fal'Cie of Pulse against their will to become l'Cie among others, and with that become enemies of humanity that would bring about the downfall of Cocoon.



I wish I could say more about what I think of this, but I have not gone back to the 3D gaming world in a long time. The graphics I find very impressive, but I have only played 2D games for a long time now, so I have no real comparison. No doubt the question most people will ask is "Will it be as good as VII?"

Well, apparently the female lead 'Lightning' was based with the idea of a female Cloud Strife in mind, so I think Square Enix are trying to recreate some of the factors from VII that made it so popular.


I feel disappointed with myself about this post. I simply do not share the same passion for console games that I used to. I can show some screenshots and some footage of trailers/gameplay. But all in all, it's like I can't get excited orz I suppose this means that future video game posts like this will be considerably rare.




Official Site


Once again, sorry for the lack of enthusiasm in this post. Maybe it was not such a good idea after all, but at least I tried to post about a non-eroge game; simply I could not build up the passion. Still, maybe there will be other games in the future I am more enthusiastic about.

Keep an eye on the twitter; I'll be updating it soon. Also, the HimexHime demo is coming soon, as well as the Angel Navigate ones (H and Non-H). All in time for next week (18th AKA Release date). Good day!


0 Comments (日本語と英語の意見は大歓迎です)

Post a Comment